A810 ELECTRONIC Tape Systems & PSU overhaul kit
NAGRAVOX'S electronic capacitor update / upgrade kit for Studer A810 professional recorder - includes components that should be replaced on all power supply and tape transport systems .
Don’t waste your time replacing just one or two capacitors on machines that are now 25+ years old, replace ALL the troublesome electrolytics, tantalums and suppression capacitors. Usually the old high voltage capacitors associated with the motors and tape drive will also be old electrically and often even visually.
This kit contains parts for the very important power supply, tape control, logic, microprocessor and transport functions and includes:
- Replacement capacitors for all the electrolytics (except the SAL (orange) capacitors which are long lasting high quality and should not be replaced)
- Large PSU can type capacitors 3x 12,000uf 63VDC specially manufactured low ESR high endurance long life 120C electrolytic capacitors for the power supply (replaces standard 10,000/50)
- Replacement for all tantalum capacitors
- Brand new specially manufactured non polarised motor capacitors
- All troublesome suppression capacitors on drive control, switching and supplies
- Fully enclosed cermet type preset potentiometers to replace any old open type trimmers. Most trimmers are sealed and do not need replacing.
- New mains filter module
- Replacement backup battery sub kit (standard supply is for the later rectangular battery - please specify if yours takes a long cylindrical battery - older models)
This kit considers / caters for the following circuit boards.
- Power Supply
- Stabiliser card
- Basis Board
- Bus Connector
- Tape deck Controller
- Command Unit
- Bus Converter
- Parallel Remote Control
- Serial Remote Control
- Periphery Controller
- Master and Monitor Control Unit
- Capstan Control
- Spooling Control
- Tape Tension Sensor Boards - both sides.
- Mains Filter module - we have a new ones made specially for us to the same specification
- All motor chassis mounted motor capacitors
- VERY IMPORTANT - Later Studer Tech Bulletin update components for the CAPSTAN, and REEL MOTOR CONTROL boards includes appropriate capacitors, resistors and semiconductors.
- Stabiliser modification kit to make all power supplies fully adjustable. (The parts in the kit are not applicable to the very last stabiliser board 1.810.770.04 but we do give you specific instructions on how it can be modified)
- A comprehensive set of Nagravox service sheets / manual is provided to assist you with your overhaul.
TOTALS: Capacitors =63. Resistors and semiconductors =28. Battery = 1. Modules and mounting hardware = 2. Small “upgrade” blank labels are provided to mark your upgrade in appropriate areas as a record of service.
Kit Weight is 1.1kg and a higher weight category for postage is applicable.
- Standard kit is for 4 speed or 2 & 3 speed HS (30"/sec) versions using 2 pole motor. If you have 2 or 3 speed up to a max of 15"/sec you probably have a 4 pole motor - request option 4.3uf cap which goes with the 4-pole capstan motor part no. 1.021.366.81.
- Standard is for the later rectangular battery - please specify if yours takes the older long cylindrical battery - we have both available - see separate listings for pics etc There is no extra charge for the older battery type - you just need to say so - preferably using direct email communication.
- Time code associated boards are not included in this upgrade / service as they are seldom applicable or used these days. We can on request include the few extra capacitors at a nominal fee. Please contact us directly to discuss and advise.
Most importantly it includes our detailed service sheet guide on how to do it, how to set things up correctly and full tech support on how to address problems if they arise.