Full mechanical Overhaul Kit for Revox A77
Whenever we do a full restoration / overhaul in our workshops we find on most machines that lubrication has dried out and many of the bearings, damper action and brakes are a little sloppy, noisy or just tired.
The full mechanical overhaul kit enables you to replace, service & adjust:
- Reel motor bearings
- Capstan motor lubrication
- Guide roller replacement and update
- Tension arm damper drag agent / lubricant
- Brake linings
- General lubrication of levers, shafts and bushes
- Pinch roller and arm
- 4x precision low noise reel motor bearings including circlips
- Special Klueber PDP 65 capstan motor lubricant and/or Mobil DTH-EH
- Tape guide overhaul kit with stainless steel roller bearings and many shims
- Special damper repacking lubricant / drag agent
- General lubricant for levers, shafts and bushes
- A pair of brake linings
- Pinch roller including spacers and shims
- Shims for reel table and pinch roller arm height adjustment
- Counter belts
Most importantly it includes our detailed service sheet guide on how to do it, how to set things up correctly and full tech support on how to address problems if they arise.
Don't think that just doing a recap of the A77 is all that's required. The mechanical aspects are also really important and often neglected.
Please Note: The main picture of this listing is a generic picture of parts variably supplied in our mechanical kits and specific items supplied are model specific. (You will NOT be getting all the items shown but will get all those applicable to your machine).
Depending on mark version have slightly different no. of components in terms of damper repacking lubricant / drag agent, counter belts and tape guide roller components. Early mk1 has no tape guide kit as its not applicable.
Mk1 and mk2 assumes you have a capstan motor that has 1 sintered bearing and 1 roller bearing. If you have an early mk3 it may have one of these older motors - please check. This is how: Check serial no. From S 60483 or G78003 Capstan motor is the later one using 2x sintered bronze bearings and uses PDP65 lubricant - select mk3 / mk4 kit.