COMPLETE FULL MONTY - Electronic and Mechanical overhaul kit Studer A807
Over the years customers have asked for a comprehensive full kit instead of ordering individual sub kits. They also have tended to ask advice on what they should do to fully overhaul and restore their tape machines. So this is what I recommend and if a machine comes into our workshop THIS FULL SET OF KITS is what we fit. It takes into account the most likely components mechanically and electrically that may have degraded over the many years due to sitting idle or being over-worked. So, if you want to service, restore or overhaul your machine as completely as you can, this is what I recommend. Please refer to the listings for the sub kits under the specific model section of my store. Please also see the precise details of each sub kit under its listing if you require more information on any particular sub kit.
What's the meaning of the phrase 'The Full Monty'? Complete, the whole thing. The phrase made popular from the 1997 smash hit comedy drama film of the same name. However it probably originated in about 1907 from the bespoke tailoring business in Sheffield of Sir Montague Burton, where the term was used to describe a complete three-piece suit.
THE FULL MONTY. A set of applicable sub kits typically containing:
Capacitor and Trimmer replacement kit. All polar electrolytic, tantalum, non polar motor and suppression capacitors and any open type trimmer potentiometers. This is for all electronic boards including audio. Approx 300 components. For details see see https://nagravox.com/collections/studer-a807/products/copy-of-electronic-tape-systems-capacitor-overhaul-kit-for-studer-a807
Full mechanical and motors overhaul kit as per https://nagravox.com/collections/studer-a807/products/full-mechanical-overhaul-kit-for-studer-a807 For different versions corresponding to different motors see* below.
- Pinch Roller kit. 1/4" pinch roller with appropriate low friction PTFE washers and metal shims. Please enquire before purchasing if you have a rare 1/2" model as this is a special and slightly more expensive.
- VU meter illumination conversion kit using long life low heat warm white LED's. This is a new specially developed Nagravox conversion kit.
Separate Nagravox service sheet manuals detailing how to do it all. Appropriate pictures before / after, suggestions, updates, trouble shooting etc.
Support service to help you in case you have questions, problems, comments. Problems are temporal events in the cosmos of life, "there are no problems only solutions".
- Other parts and services. Nagravox has many parts available for all Revox and Studer machines. For the A807 we have EPROM's / PROM's, calibration kits, capstan shaft reconditioning, heads / relapping, meters etc.
Please Note: The full mechanical picture of this listing is a generic picture of parts variably supplied in our mechanical kits and specific items supplied are model specific. (You will NOT be getting all the items shown but will get all those applicable to your machine).
* WHICH LUBRICANT FOR CAPSTAN MOTOR? Three different motors are fitted to the A807 requiring different lubricants. YOU MUST SELECT THE RIGHT ONE so we give you the correct mechanical kit.
1. Earlier motors were lubricated with PDP 65. There is no label although the small white sticker may stipulate PDP65 on some motors (if it hasn’t fallen off).
2. Later motors were lubricated with GLY2100 (a much thicker oil / semi grease). Motors had a clear red sticker.
3. Much Later A807 motors with roller bearing. There is a large red sticker which clearly states the motor type. There is no lubrication required. If the motor is noisy please contact us for advice. DO NOT disassemble nor squirt oil in these motors in the mistaken belief you are doing good – you are not!