A812Full ELECTRONIC OVERHAUL kit
NAGRAVOX'S electronic capacitor update / upgrade kit for Studer A812 professional recorder - includes components that should be replaced on all power supply and tape transport systems .
Don’t waste your time replacing just one or two capacitors on machines that are now 25+ years old, replace ALL the troublesome electrolytics, tantalums and suppression capacitors. Usually the old high voltage capacitors associated with the motors and tape drive will also be old electrically and often even visually.
This kit contains parts for the very important power supply, tape control, logic, microprocessor and transport functions. It also includes all audio boards including factory updates.
- Replacement capacitors for all the electrolytic capacitors
- Large PSU can type capacitors 4x 11,000uf 63VDC specially manufactured low ESR high endurance long life 120C electrolytic capacitors for the power supply (replaces standard 10,000/50)
- Large high voltage Reel Motor Drive electrolytic capacitors - 2200uf 250VDC. These are very important to replace.
- Replacement for all tantalum capacitors
- All troublesome suppression capacitors on drive control, switching and supplies
- Fully enclosed cermet type preset potentiometers to replace any old open type trimmers. Most trimmers are sealed and do not need replacing.
- New mains filter module
- Replacement backup battery
- Time code is not catered for in thsi kit but the mono-stereo option are
- The Nagravox service sheet instruction guide on how to do it is included as is support and help.
This kit considers / caters for all mk1 and mk2 machines
TOTALS: Capacitors = 346. Other components =8, battery = 1. Modules and mounting hardware = 2. Small “upgrade” blank labels are provided to mark your upgrade in appropriate areas as a record of service. Kit Weight is 1.7kg and a higher weight category for postage is applicable.
Most importantly it includes our detailed service sheet guide on how to do it, how to set things up correctly and full tech support on how to address problems if they arise.