Electronic capacitor upgrade overhaul kit for Studer A80 multi-track
KIT A80 Base PSU Tape Transport and Control - For Studer A80 multi-track machines 1/2" - 2" wide tape format.
This kit contains parts for the very important power supply, tape control, logic, microprocessor and transport functions together and should be considered the essential base kit to start off with:
- Replacement capacitors for all the electrolytics including large PSU can type caps
- Replacement for all tantalum capacitors
- Brand new specially manufactured non polarised motor capacitors. A80 takes 5 motor capacitors - more than any other Studer or Revox machine.
- All troublesome paper capacitors on drive control, switching and mains suppression
- Fully enclosed cermet type preset potentiometers to replace any old open type trimmers
- New mains filter module - higher current than type R kit
This kit caters for the following circuit boards.
- Power Supply
- Stabiliser card - tape transport
- Stabiliser card - audio
- Contactor Board
- Reel Motors Control Boards
- Capstan Servo Control
- Move Status Evaluation
- Command Receiver
- Command Decoders
- Zero Locator
- Tape Transport Attenuator & Preamplifier - mk1
- Basis / Counter Board
- Counter Decoder & Counter Display
- Tape Movement, Direction Sensor Boards and timer for earlier versions
- IC Memory and Counter
- IC Decoder, Counter and Drivers
- Mains Filter module - we have a new ones made specially for us to the same specification
- All motor chassis mounted motor capacitors
- A comprehensive set of Nagravox service sheets / manual is provided to assist you with your overhaul.
TOTALS: Capacitors =100. Preset trimmers, Modules and mounting hardware = 7. Small “upgrade” blank labels are provided to mark your upgraded boards.
PLEASE NOTE: There are slightly different versions for single capstan 50 or 60hz and Normal Speed and High Speed versions. You must specify the correct kit as motor capacitors change with hz and speed. Also note that for non multi- track 1/4" models - you need a slightly different kit. See other listing.
- NORMAL Speed 50 hz
- NORMAL Speed 60 hz
- HIGH Speed 50hz
- HIGH Speed 60hz