1. POSTAGE COSTS, TIMES, TRACKABILITY, RISK
We offer different levels of postage. Generally we choose tracked. BUT. For some countries particularly in Eastern Europe, EU Greece &Italy, Scandinavia some Asian countries and South America, there is NO or limited tracking service. If we have to use airmail or registered service because there is no tracked service – the risk of this service with NO TRACKING is yours. You always have the option of selecting a courier service which is more expensive but is trackable at least.
Want your stuff in a hurry? DHL. This is a fast (3- 5 days), trackable, insured service and is more. (approx $50 - $75). If you are in a hurry or are really dubious of your post system (eg most places in Africa) then this is your option.
DECLARATION of value. Usually this is what you paid. However, I believe, vintage audio enthusiasts should not be penalised for their hobby by greedy governments! So, if you want a specific value declared at your risk, just ask. Usually AUS$25 is the threshold. This of course is at your risk and instruction.
POSTAGE WEIGHT CATEGORIES The first tier of weight category is at 500g and then 1Kg, 1.5Kg etc. (Domestic next category is 3Kg). If it goes over 500g for international its roughly 0.85x the lesser weight category cost. Most electronic kits weigh between 245 and 450g. Motor kits are about 150g. The Shopify platform will work out combined postage.
2. YOUR ADDRESS – this is really really important
It may be obvious but PLEASE make sure your address is 100% correct and add more information if there could be any possibility of ambiguity. Please limit any line to 32 characters. Do not use foreign language symbols like o ß ˘ ˆ - ~ ° Ç . The automatic link may not translate these correctly. Please also use capitalisation appropriately as all lower case can be confusing. The information you provide is automatically transferred into Australia Post system and onto a label. It must be perfectly clear because if it isn’t, it is at your risk.
Please make sure:
• DON’T exceed 32 characters per line including spaces. Use an extra line.
• Your full name is clear and capitalised appropriately eg Mr Firstname Surname etc
• House / flat / section number and street number are clearly demarcated with a comma and space between them. Don’t use foreign language symbols like o ß ˘ ˆ - ~ ° these wont be directly translatable.
• Suburb, Town is clearly shown
• City is shown on a separate line
• UK people – Australia Post does not recognise your little hamlet of 5 people in the middle of a suburb or town. Add more information in case it spits the dummy which it often does for UK addresses – it likes a known suburb, town or city.
• Postal or Zip code is shown exactly as it should be. Don’t add spaces, embellishments or abbreviations.
• List your mobile phone number. This is really important as many postal services now send text messages if a parcel in not deliverable for any reason. They may not leave the old fashioned post card.
• List your direct contactable email address. This must be one that you regularly monitor.
3. WAITING FOR YOUR PARCEL
We only dispatch orders once a week usually on Fridays. We have given approx transit times above and these are on the pessimistic side of what Australia Post indicates. Usually Australia Post gets parcels out of Australia with 3 days of items being lodged. However parcels are often held up with your local post and customs for days and even weeks. Pandemic disruptions will result in increased delay.