Full mechanical Overhaul Kit for Studer A812
Many Studer A812's have a had a hard life in recording studios and radio stations. Whenever we do a full restoration / overhaul in our workshops we find that many of the bearings, damper action and brakes are a little sloppy, noisy or just tired.The kit comprises:
- 4x precision low noise reel motor bearings including circlips
- Special Klueber capstan motor lubricant - dependant on motor
- 4x guide roller bearings spacers, shims and bellville tension washers
- If the capstan motor is type 3 - 2x low noise roller bearings
- Special damper lubricant / drag agent
- General lubricant for levers, shafts and bushes
- A pair of brake linings
- Pinch roller including spacers and shims (1/4" only enquire on 1/2")
- Shims for reel table and pinch roller arm height adjustment
Most importantly it includes our detailed service sheet guide on how to do it, how to set things up correctly and full tech support on how to address problems if they arise.
Don't think that just doing a recap of the A807 is all that's required. The mechanical aspects are also important and often neglected.
Please Note: The main picture of this listing is a generic picture of parts variably supplied in our mechanical kits and specific items supplied are model specific. (You will NOT be getting all the items shown but will get all those applicable to your machine).
* WHICH LUBRICANT FOR CAPSTAN MOTOR? Three different motors are fitted to the A812 requiring different lubricants.
1. Earlier motors were lubricated with PDP 65. There is no label although sometimes a small white sticker may stipulate PDP65 on some motors (if it hasn’t fallen off). No label - assume it is this one.
2. Later motors were lubricated with GLY2100 (a much thicker oil / semi grease). Motors had a clear red sticker.
3. Much Later A812 motors with roller bearings. There is a large red sticker which clearly states the motor type. There is no lubrication required. If the motor is noisy these bearings have to be replaced with special low noise bearings. DO NOT disassemble nor squirt oil in these motors or bearings in the mistaken belief you are doing good – you are not! Our kit for the type 3 includes 2x new low noise roller bearings packed with special Kleuber grease.
Please see picture in the photo gallery for examples of different motor stickers.